It’s back! Get ready to take flight in our Virtual Reality Magical Sleigh ride simulator! You’ll be transported from the North Pole as you give Santa’s sleigh a trial flight before Christmas Eve. Get ready for a full on festive adventure at Simpsons Inverness from the minute you arrive at our elf-tastic check in desk…
Experience The Magic
The magic starts the minute you arrive where you’ll be met at the elf check-in desk, as well as a few of our resident North Pole friends!
Don’t forget to listen to the pre-flight info…then, make yourself comfortable as you and your family and friends step onto Santa’s sleigh and transport yourself to the North Pole with your own VR headset. Feel the rush of the sleigh as it takes off and the wind in your face as you virtually ‘fly through the air’ with DASH the reindeer for a festive adventure that’s not to be missed!!
After your sleigh ride, you’ll be able to pose for your free group photo which you’ll pick up before you leave.
Last but not least make your way through our fun festive walkway before you meet the ‘Big S’ himself, who is waiting to say hello in his cosy living room. (more info below) VR Sleigh is only available at Simpsons Inverness.
Safe and Secure
Our safe and secure sleigh ride takes up to 6 members of the same group, in allocated and secure slots. The VR sleigh, seats and headsets are all sterilised after each ride, with ample time between each group to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Everyone can experience the sleigh, however if you suffer from epilepsy, motion sickness or vertigo, please ride in the front seat and without headsets.
We recommend the virtual reality sleigh ride experience for children 5 years and over. Children under 5 years may ride using the headsets with parental discretion (see T&C’s below)
Once your sleigh ride is over, follow the magical festive walkway to our ‘arrivals’ area where there are even more special guests waiting for you – where you’ll also pick up your commemorative certificate and family photo!
It wouldn’t be Christmas at Simpsons without seeing Santa. Things are still slightly different this year and Santa will be waiting to meet you in his special open ‘living room’ area to hear all about your amazing sleigh ride adventure. Santa will also have a special certificate for all the children.
(Santa experience is not a grotto, therefore there is no gift. This is to ensure the safety of our team as well as all our lovely customers)
- WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS: Tickets are available to book HERE.
- THERE’S ONLY TWO US OF, DO I GET A DISCOUNT? No, we have a set price per booking slot this year rather than an individual ticket price. This means that a family or friend group can ride in safety without worrying about mixing with other households. Each slot will take up to 6 people, so why not book the experience together. We have a two tier pricing system which means if you book during the week it is cheaper than peak weekend slots.
- CAN I JUST TURN UP? We would advise everyone to pre-book slots in advance. To ensure COVID safety we only have limited slots available each session.
- WHAT SAFETY MEASURES DO YOU HAVE? We are only allowing one group at a time on the sleigh ride. Staff will be cleaning the ride to maintain strict hygiene protocol between every session. All staff will required to wear a mask. We kindly request that all visitors to the experience follow social distancing during their visit. Hand sanitisers will be available at the entrance and exit of the sleigh.
- ARE THERE ANY HEALTH CONDITIONS THAT MEAN I CAN’T RIDE? The sleigh is suitable for everyone. However if you suffer from epilepsy, motion sickness or vertigo please ride in the front seat and don’t wear the headsets. You will be able to experience the ride in 2D with the giant screen at the front.
- TRACE & PROTECT. As part of NHS Scotland Trace and Protect, we ask all visitors to our sleigh experience to please check in and scan the QR codes at the entrance.
- DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK? Yes, unless exempt, everyone over the age of 5 years must wear a face covering when entering and exiting the experience. We will also be asking each customer to confirm no-one in their party has any of the following corona virus symptoms: A high temperature | a new continuous cough | a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
- CAN MY CHILDREN RIDE ALONE? No, all children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- WHERE IS THE EXPERIENCE LOCATED? The experience will be located in the ‘Simpsons Home’ house in the car park beside the main garden centre entrance in Inverness. Please note this experience is NOT available at Simpsons Aberdeenshire.
- WHAT AGE IS IT SUITABLE FOR? We recommend the virtual reality sleigh ride experience for children 5 years and over. Children under 5 years may ride using the headsets with parental discretion. The ride can also be experienced without headsets in 2D as there is a large screen positioned at the front of the sleigh. This will allow small children and babies to brought into the experience, and can sit on a parents knee, or stay in a buggy at the side of the sleigh if they are sleeping.
- WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY? If we find it necessary to close the ride, we will offer a full refund or the option to book an alternative session (subject to availability) Due to the nature of the COVID and how this may affect staffing, we reserve the right to cancel at short notice, in which case a refund will be given. If legislation changes mean we have to make alternations to the way we operate the experience, but are still able to remain open, then no refund will be given.
- If you are late for your booked time slot or cannot make your session, unfortunately we cannot offer a refund
- If you present at the of the experience with corona virus symptoms, you will be refused entry and no refund will be given.
- CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING SLOT? We will do our best to move any bookings within 48 hours of the booked slot, subject to availability. Please bear in mind that we will be operating with reduced slot availability, therefore this may not be possible. Refunds will only be offered for bookings cancelled more than 48 hours of slot.