Get ready to take flight in our brand new Virtual Reality Magical Sleigh ride simulator! You’ll be transported from the North Pole around the world (and into space) as you give Santa’s sleigh a trial flight before Christmas Eve. Get ready for a full on festive adventure at Simpsons from the minute you arrive at our elf-tastic check in desk…
Experience The Magic
The magic starts the minute you arrive where you’ll be met at the elf check-in desk, be sure to check out all the hussle and bussle at Santa Airways!
Don’t forget to listen to the pre-flight info…then, make yourself comfortable as you and your family step onto Santa’s sleigh and transport yourself to the North Pole with your own VR headset. Feel the rush of the sleigh as it takes off and the wind in your face as you virtually ‘fly through the air’ with DASH the reindeer for a festive adventure that’s not to be missed!!
After your sleigh ride, you’ll be able to pose for your free family photo which you’ll pick up before you leave.
Last but not least make your way through our fun elf forest walkway before you meet the ‘Big S’ himself, who is waiting to say hello in his cosy living room.
Safe and Secure
Our safe and secure sleigh ride takes up to 6 members of the same household, in allocated and secure slots. The VR sleigh, seats and headsets are all sterilised after each ride, with ample time between each family to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Everyone can experience the sleigh, however if you suffer from epilepsy, motion sickness or vertigo, please ride in the front seat and without headsets.
We recommend the virtual reality sleigh ride experience for children 5 years and over. Children under 5 years may ride using the headsets with parental discretion (see T&C’s below)
Once your sleigh ride is over, follow the magical festive walkway to our ‘arrivals’ area where there are even more special guests waiting for you – where you’ll also pick up your commemorative certificate and family photo!
It wouldn’t be Christmas at Simpsons without seeing Santa. Things are slightly different this year and Santa will be waiting to meet you in his special open ‘arrivals’ area to hear all about your amazing experience and what naughty DASH the reindeer has been up to. Santa will also have a special ‘sleigh ride’ certificate for all the children.
(Santa experience is not a grotto, due to the current COVID restrictions and social distancing rules. This is to ensure the safety of our team as well as our customers)
- WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS: Tickets are available to book HERE.
- THERE’S ONLY TWO US OF, DO I GET A DISCOUNT? No, we have a set price per booking slot this year rather than an individual ticket price. This means that a family group can ride in safety without worrying about mixing with other households as per government restrictions. Each slot will take up to 6 people. We have a two tier pricing system which means if you book during the week it is cheaper than peak weekend slots.
- CAN I JUST TURN UP? We would advise everyone to pre-book slots in advance. Due to COVID restrictions we only have limited slots available each session.
- WHAT SAFETY MEASURES DO YOU HAVE? We are only allowing one family at a time on the sleigh ride. Staff will be cleaning the ride to maintain strict hygiene protocol between every session. All staff will required to wear a mask. All visitors to the experience will need to follow social distancing floor markings during their visit. Hand sanitisers will be available at the entrance and exit of the sleigh.
- ARE THERE ANY HEALTH CONDITIONS THAT MEAN I CAN’T RIDE? The sleigh is suitable for everyone. However if you suffer from epilepsy, motion sickness or vertigo please ride in the front seat and don’t wear the headsets. You will be able to experience the ride in 2D with the giant screen at the front.
- TRACE & PROTECT. As part of NHS Scotland Trace and Protect, we ask all visitors to our sleigh experience to please scan the QR codes at the entrance.
- DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK? Yes, unless exempt, everyone over the age of 5 years must wear a face covering when entering and exiting the experience. We will also be asking each customer to confirm no-one in their party has any of the following corona virus symptoms: A high temperature | a new continuous cough | a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste.
- CAN MY CHILDREN RIDE ALONE? No, all children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- WHERE IS THE EXPERIENCE LOCATED? The experience will be located in the Simpsons Home house in the car park right beside the main garden centre.
- WHAT AGE IS IT SUITABLE FOR? We recommend the virtual reality sleigh ride experience for children 5 years and over. Children under 5 years may ride using the headsets with parental discretion. The ride can also be experienced without headsets in 2D as there is a large screen positioned at the front of the sleigh. This will allow small children and babies to brought into the experience, and can sit on a parents knee, or stand at the side of the sleigh.
- WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY? If we find it necessary to close the ride, we will offer a full refund or the option to book an alternative sessions (subject to availability) Due to the current pandemic, we reserve the right to cancel at short notice, in which a refund will be given. If legislation changes which means we have to make alternations to the way we operate the experience, but are still able to remain open, then no refund will be given.
- If you are late for your booked time slot or cannot make your session, unfortunately we cannot offer a refund
- If you present at the of the experience with corona virus symptoms, you will be refused entry and no refund will be given.
- CAN I CHANGE MY BOOKING SLOT? We will do our best to move any bookings within 48 hours of the booked slot, subject to availability. Please bear in mind that we will be operating with reduced slot availability, therefore this may not be possible. Refunds will only be offered for bookings cancelled more than 48 hours of slot.