Events at Simpsons Garden Centre
At Simpsons Garden centre we hold regular events, workshops and activities for adults and children.
June : Plant for Scent
June is all about planting for scent! Step outside and smell the roses, plus a host of other scented flowers too. Choosing plants shouldn’t just be about their size, shape and colour but embrace their full sensory appeal, including the most evocative of all … fragrance!
Have a look at the selection of highly scented plants we have available in out outdoor area. For more info about planting for scent, click HERE.
Sunday 16th June
This Father’s Day, make sure you say ‘thanks for being there dad‘ in style with Simpsons. As well as loads of gift ideas, there’s also plenty to see in store – here’s our top reasons to visit Simpsons this Sunday:
- For an extra special and personal gift, our horti team can plant up a selection of your dads favourite plants in one of our fabulous pots, planters or hanging baskets (see below).
- Super gift ideas – from gardening tools and accessories to goodies from our food hall and deli we have something to suit everyone!
- Treat your dad to a delicious breakfast; from our full Highland breakfast to something from our new tasty breakfast menu – click HERE for more info.
- Enjoy our fabulous 3-roast Fathers Day Sunday carvery in our award winning restaurant – let us do all the hard work while dad enjoys a relaxing get together with the family. Click HERE for more info.
Looking for a last minute gift – don’t forget we’re open until 7pm every day this week (Monday to Friday) and 6pm Saturday and Sunday!
Summer Kids Activities
From Tuesday 9th July
Join us throughout the summer holidays for great kids activity sessions. Available every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9th July until 1st August. This years activities:
- Tuesday 9th July: Decorate a ceramic water drinker for bees and butterflies in your garden.
- Wednesday 10th July: Decorate summer cupcakes
- Thursday 11th July: Decorate a bee plant pot and plant a flower
- Tuesday 16th July: Decorate a ceramic bees house
- Wednesday 17th July: Decorate summer biscuits
- Thursday 18th July: Create a mini wildlife garden
- Tuesday 23rd July: Decorate a ceramic water drinker for bees and butterflies in your garden.
- Wednesday 24th July: Decorate summer cupcakes
- Thursday 25th July: Decorate a bee plant pot and plant a flower
- Tuesday 30th July: Decorate a ceramic bees house
- Wednesday 31st July: Decorate summer biscuits
- Thursday 1st August: Create a mini wildlife garden
All activities cost £6.50 per child and cost includes all supplies, juice and biscuits. Activities are suitable for children aged 3 years and over (or 2 years with supervision), all children must be accompanied by an adult.
Summer Bee Hunt
Friday 5th July until Monday 19th August
This summer it’s all about the bees! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Hozelock to host a special bee hunt across the store to raise awareness about bees and the importance of planting for wildlife in our gardens. Kids can have fun searching across the garden centre for all our bees who all have a fun bee fact.
Pick up a bee hunt form from our customer services desk, everyone taking park will receive a sticker and a treat for taking part and be entered into our summer prize draw.